Passing the rules test is part of the process of advancing from a beginner player to a minus 2 handicap. Knowledge of the rules is paramount to reduce the risk of accidents and to enable players to have a good understanding of the line of the ball and players rights of way, to reduce the risk of collisions.
All the rules are published in HPA Yearbook 2019 .
All the rules should be learnt and thoroughly understood prior to the test
To do you Rules Test on line please follow the links: http://hpa-polo.co.uk/get-involved/rules-test/
- Enter password learntoplay19
- Register / log in
- Enter your name, email address, DOB and club name.
- There are three categories
- Answer each question to the best of your knowledge
- You can see your progress as you take the test
- The pass mark is 70%, if you fail you will be locked out for 6 hours before you can resit
- Results will be received immediately, confirmatory emails will be sent to the individual and the HPA – but not the club (ensure you check junk mail).
- You must have passed your rules test and have received a HPA handicap, on the recommendation of your club or HPA licenced Instructor/ coach, before playing in any competitive matches.
- Payment must be made within 3 working days (if required), otherwise you will be suspended until payment is made.
Good luck from Westcroft Park Polo Club!
P.S. Always remember the line of the ball….