Learn to Play Polo in Surrey
No previous riding experience needed!
• We offer several affordable formats for polo riding lessons including polo lessons for beginners, and one-to-one polo tuition, so that we can provide the right type of coaching for every level of ability, fitness and athletic skill.
• We welcome non-riders – about 65% of those we teach polo have never ridden before – and we provide all the necessary equipment, including specially trained (and understanding!) ponies.
• Top class polo coaching enables even non-riders to obtain a full grasp of the game and play instructional chukkas in no time at all.
• Therefore, all you need to enjoy the Sport of Kings is a sense of fun and adventure. Get ready to learn to play polo today.
• No membership is required to take part in any of our training activities listed below.
Ready to play Polo?
MULTIPLE OPTIONS AVAILABLE
Discover Polo Experience Package ‘From Zero to Hero’
Ready to become a fully fledged polo player? Our Discover Polo Package includes 10 private lessons and 2 instructional chukka sessions. This is the ideal starting point where we take you through all the aspects of the game. Our HPA-qualified and DBS-certified instructors will teach you how to play all the shots, polo riding lessons, the rules and theory of the game, how to stick & ball, and play chukkas like a pro! Absolutely no previous riding experience is required for our polo lessons for beginners in Surrey. Our Discover Polo package is fun-filled, adrenaline-packed and can be booked at times to suit you.
Parents Polo is open to all the parents of our junior players from beginners to advanced. It takes place term time on Fridays from 11am-12 Noon.
NO GEAR NO FEAR We have sticks and hats available to use.
6 PLAYERS Based on 6 or more players per week £65 per lesson 24 hrs cancellation required.
OTHER COMMITMENTS No problem drop ins available and lessons are planned 1 week in advance
FRIENDS You’re welcome to bring friends to come and take part or watch!
NO PREVIOUS RIDING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED Caroline the instructor takes everyone on at their own pace so they learn and have fun.
BOOK PARENTS’ POLO
Private 1-2-1 Polo Lessons in Surrey
Tailored one-on-one lessons with a private coach or instructor are available for beginners to advanced players, including children. Private lessons give you the opportunity to develop a relationship between you and your coach/instructor, work on skills and technique and gain a clear understanding of the rules, riding, swing and their application. As a rule of thumb, it takes on average 10 private lessons to get from beginner to instructional chukkas.
For beginners we recommend booking the DISCOVER POLO PACKAGE
For intermediate and advanced players private lessons are available to develop specific aspects of your game, with a deeper understanding and coaching practice. Our coaches and instructors will identify and discuss your strengths and weaknesses and address them accordingly.
We aslo offer half day intensive courses.
BOOK PRIVATE LESSONS
Discover Polo Experience
This adrenaline fuelled 2 hour experience suitable for riders and non-riders starts with learning the basic rules and tactics of the game, followed by ‘hand sticks‘ (a short stick) learning the 4 main strokes and hitting the ball in all-weather outdoor arena, on foot. After this you receive mounted tuition for polo and practice hitting the ball, prior to playing your first chukka! It’s immense fun and you learn a huge amount in a short space of time.
- The experience is open to individuals and groups
- Available as a gift voucher
- A total number of 6 or more players is required
- HPA qualified instructors, helmets, balls, sticks and very friendly ponies are all supplied (Please note we cannot currently supply helmets and sticks under Covid Rules).
- Please wear compfy trousers and shoes with a small heel (no trainers please)
- Warning – It’s very addictive!
- Available Saturday mornings 9am-11am
- Price £140.00 per person
Bring your friends or put your name in the mix!
Once you’ve completed your Discover Polo, group lessons are a great way to put your newly acquired skills into action, playing with others. We also offer group lessons to intermediate and advanced players. Your instructor will be able to identify and discuss your strengths and weaknesses and address them accordingly. Work on skills and techniques in a group environment and gain a clear understanding of the rules, riding, swing and how to apply them when playing.